Sunday, November 8, 2009

[FemalePopstars2] ARTICLE: 'Fearless' Swift gets kick out of awards

 

'Fearless' Swift gets kick out of awards
By Jay Bobbin / ZAP2IT  |   Sunday, November 8, 2009 
 
Photo

At her last awards show, she was rudely interrupted.

Unless someone in country music decides to go rogue, Taylor Swift should have it easier this time.

After her much-discussed MTV Video Music Awards encounter with Kanye West, the young singer-songwriter continues to move past the incident with four nominations - encompassing most of the biggest honors - at the 43rd Annual Country Music Association Awards (Wednesday at 8 p.m. on WCVB, Ch. 5).

Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley host at the Sommet Center in Nashville, Tenn. They'll also perform on the show, as will Swift, Keith Urban, Sugarland, Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw, George Strait, Vince Gill, Miranda Lambert and the soon-to-separate Brooks & Dunn.

Swift isn't sure which song she'll perform, as her single "You Belong With Me" keeps riding high on multiple music charts.

"I've gotten to perform almost every track on my album 'Fearless' on award shows," she said. "Getting to perform 'Fifteen' at the Grammys when it wasn't even a single was a great gift, so it's interesting to think about which song to do this time."

Swift already has set an awards-performance threshold. At the MTV ceremony, just after the West run-in, her rendering of "You Belong With Me" took her into a New York subway station, through one car of a train, back out to the street and onto a stage in front of Radio City Music Hall.

"It's something I'm very proud of," Swift said. "I had to really get in the zone to pull that off."

Excited as she is about her CMA nominations - for Female Vocalist of the Year, Music Video of the Year ("Love Story"), Album of the Year ("Fearless") and the top prize, Entertainer of the Year - Swift said, "I always go into award shows feeling like I'm not going to win. My parents brought me up with the belief that the world doesn't owe me anything, so I'm always very shocked if I win. I think life is more fun that way."

Swift also is pleased "Fearless" could be named the year's top album by the CMA.

"It's made up of songs I wrote about feelings and things that have happened to me, and to have that honored in that category by the CMA is truly beautiful. Country music has become so diverse, and I love that. The fact that we can all play together on this playground is a great thing."

Swift has more possible honors to anticipate. With six bids, she leads the nominees in this year's American Music Awards, Nov. 22 on ABC. (Her closest competition: Michael Jackson, with five posthumous nominations.)

Preparing to resume her "Fearless" tour, Swift is happy about a year that has made her a guest host of NBC's "Saturday Night Live" and the first country artist to win an MTV award . . . stage crashers notwithstanding.

"The fact that there's a moonman on its way back to Nashville is something I'm very proud of," she said of the MTV statue. "The world has shown me a great deal of open-mindedness, and I'll never stop being grateful for that."

 

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments: